Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What if ... True Wisdom Does Exist ... Stories are Food for Thought

Activism has seven times seventy times seven hundred faces - there are so many ways to make this world 'of ours' (in fact, it's not 'our' world at all) a better place for all. For all tribes and groups, all ceatures and bodies of water, all souls and for Mother EAerth Herself. Activist artists, in all modes, are everywhere contributing to this collective endeavour.

My contribution as an activist artist, as a story finder and story teller, is to invite my readers to change their consciousness. Change your consciousness and the world around you will change. It can be no other way. This is the way it is. We are all individual expressions of an infinite and eternal Unity that is Existence itself. Thus when I change my consciousness, my environment, which is the set of all the closest-to-me individualized expressions of the Divine, also changes. Thoughts are things. Change thoughts and consciousness changes. Change consciousness and ... see the above ...

How do I do this? Let me count the ways ... Here is one ...

The novel Alba: The Great Dance of Leaving and Returning is 'A Mystic and Shamanic Fantasy of the Dawning of Scotland'. Alba is written on many levels. One of the Highest is that Alba, through its story, declares that true wisdom exists. 'True Wisdom' is the clear comprehension and understanding that a human consciousness can have of the universe and all its ways. Historical fantasy, where worlds are created, is a straightforward way to express this Highest.

If Alba declares that true wisdom exists then, there are only a small number of ways to react to this. One, 'I don't believe that this state of true wisdom exists!' Two, I believe that this state can exist in people, but I am going to do nothing about it in my life (right now). Three, I believe this and I am going to do something about it in my life (I may in the here-and-now know or not know what).

This story is an invitation to change. Not a demand. If you are in the third group then be reassured that all the ways in all traditions are explicitly available. That is good to know.

Stories of a particular kind can be our teachers. This has been known for a very long time. Since the beginning (oh when and oh where was that?) of this race of women and men. Food for thought. Stories are food for thought.

Namaste! I bow to and honour the Light within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment